Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Formative Search is working with a renewable energy investment platform which invests and manages solar power assets. Our client specializes in developing, financing, construction and asset management of private power projects worldwide especially in the emerging market, Asia & Africa. The business has experienced exponential growth since establishment and has a large pipeline of investment opportunities. By constantly innovating to make a difference for their customers, employees, and the planet, their mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient and competitive alternatives to traditional energy sources.
They are looking for a Project Manager to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role will mainly focus on the execution of EPC solar projects, supervision to ensure optimal financial performance of solar PV plant or portfolio of plants. Our client is the market leader in their niche. Their existing portfolio includes power plants in 25 countries and continuously expanding.
The successful Project Manager will have a good technical; commercial and financial knowledge of solar PV power plants, experience overseeing project execution and enhancing performance.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
* Work alongside the other team member to conduct engineering site visit to plan equipment and interconnection locations at the site and connections to the existing electrical system.
* Make recommendations based on project site location and geographic conditions.
* Site visits to project location will be mainly in South East Asia, that will require travelling every other week during peak period.
* Identifying and qualifying of subcontractors (civil works, mechanical installation, electrical installation) and suppliers (PV industry, MV and HV equipment, incidentals, …)
* PM support for solar EPC project execution.
* Preliminary project budgeting, contract management and project financing.
* Report directly to Managing Director.
An ideal candidate that best suit for this role will need to have :
* A background in business, finance or engineering (preferred)
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in renewable energy, preferably solar PV EPC industry (or at least energy-related EPC)
* Generalist with good knowledge in PM, commercial management and technical understanding
* Self-driven, ability to get the job done with minimal guidance
* Profound technical and business English langue level, German a plus
* Has to be willing to travel within SEA
Technical Services Manager Based in Singapore Formative Search is working closely with the world’s leading solar suppliers and...Apply For This Job