AVP, Data Science
You are someone who comes with a strong knowledge and deep experience in applying data science and ML on a breadth of problem spaces including but not limited to Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Ads optimization, Recommendation, Personalization algorithms, and Fraud detection. You lead by example and are not shy of rolling up your sleeves to help teams solve problems. You will be leading a capable team of Data Scientists spread across geographies and work with product, business and technology leaders across business units to help solve key business problems through the application of data science with a focus on impact.
This is a multidisciplinary role where the candidate oversees all aspects of the data science lifecycle. The successful candidate will bring in a high EQ with working knowledge in the AI/ML space. If you can see the impact and opportunity that you could have here and are excited about building up an amazing data ecosystem.
- Ensure delivery and impact to our products throughout the company.
- Help the team design and implement our data science best practice.
- Grow you team with stronger research capability and visibility.
- Represent our data-science-related opportunities and needs to the company as a member of our extended leadership team.
- Hire and mentor data scientists.
- Find new opportunities to put our in-house technology to work in service of our customers without compromising end-user privacy or security
- Help us realize a data-informed culture and teach people how to Think Like A Scientist
- Demonstrate flexibility, sound decision making, and strong analytical and organizational skills
- Identify opportunities for improvement in data analytics and capability
- Deep knowledge of best practices with regards to data science
- Strong industrial data science background with knowledge of applying data science from end to end in production environments.
- Previous experience with setting and executing on technology strategies
- 15+ years working on data science with a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent program; preferably in DS/ML.
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development.
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of data science, software engineering, data engineering, and computer science.
- Strong technical leadership, project delivery, and global team building skills
- Structured thinking, a data-driven approach and a collaborative spirit to partner with business partner
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Team player with management skills and the ability to lead others
- 3+ years of prior experience as a manager. We’ll want to hear how your reports developed and grew under your leadership
- Strong analytical skills, as demonstrated through examples of past data projects that answered business-critical questions for the company.
- Ability to partner with senior business stakeholders to understand information needs and translate into solutions
- Work in cross-border/cross-disciplined teams
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
- You want to make an impact