BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (SOLAR C&I)
Formative Search has begun working closely with one of the world’s largest Oil and Gas companies, whom are spending billions to become a truly diversified energy giant, promoting the use of Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they are providing Solar Energy to Fortune 500 brands, MNCs, and SMEs all around the glove. They are doing this through their unique Solar Rooftop solutions being installed on multiple facilities and locations for their corporate and industrial clients.
In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on a search for a Business Development Manager to help expanding its Commercial & Industrial business in Asia based in Singapore. They are looking for a business professional to take up the challenge of developing wide range of functions and committed to execute at a high level in a start-up paced environment.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
· Market research across the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, review and budgeting cycle in seven South East Asian countries.
· Develop accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of customer and market opportunities, market entry strategy, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue.
· Manage business communications internally and externally, including project press releases, case study development and videos.
· Create country market intelligence packs to inform price and place decisions. Establish scalable promotional tools and processes including B2B digital marketing.
· Structure and Industrialize the process around identifying and serving customers’ needs to match the company’s corporate strategy between teams in the different geographies, regional hub and HQ.
· Source potential leads for partnerships, joint-ventures and equity investment.
· Design cooperation structures, define role-sharing and assess economics of these partnerships or joint-ventures.
· Liaise with banks and project finance team in HQ for refinancing of asset portfolio; Financial model follow-up and optimization.
· Performance will be assessed by pipeline generation, projects closed, project profitability, revenue, customer relationship enhancement, brand influence, enhanced competitiveness and team building.
What will a successful candidate look like?
· Minimum 5 years of experience in operations, business to business marketing, finance, corporate development roles or similar (title to be commensurate with experience)
· Understanding of conducting M&A, joint-venture or similar transactions; Knows how to analyse the market to identify attractive customers.
· Graduate from a premier university with a degree in business, finance or economics. In progress of post-graduate degree, MBA and/or related professional qualifications considered a positive.
· Familiarity with economic and financial models and project financing principals
· Ability to create presentations to be shared with investors and financiers; Able to negotiate on high-value contracts and help bring them to a close.
· Experience with SalesForce, Tableau and Office 365 Apps a plus
Our client is truly set to be one of the leading energy giants who have successfully scaled a Renewable Energy business in the future. This role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of cleaner energy in Asia whilst in front of an amazing brand. Our client will offer a salary reflective of the candidates’ value and role, but the cream will be in an attractive annual bonus upon reaching the target of installed capacity. On top of this, the Sales Director could have the opportunity to eventually become a Country Head of this fantastic and growing business.