Formative Search is working alongside a leading energy conglomerate that is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in Kuala Lumpur.
The ideal candidate must have at least 7 years of business development experience covering renewable energy solutions and energy efficiency projects such as solar rooftop projects, co-gen plants and waste-heat recovery. Successful candidates will get to work alongside an experienced team of engineers and business developers who have successfully executed projects across Asia.
- Work alongside the Managing Director and the Regional Business development team to scale up commercial and business development capabilities
- Lead, manage, structure and develop the Business Development department
- Lead, develop and implement complete commercial and marketing strategy for the business unit.
- Drive partnership initiatives with support of the Group and Managing Director to develop and secure partnerships for the Group from time to time
- Lead and manage full spectrum of Business Development process and activities for the business:
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of business opportunities, directly with internal business teams and through external partners
- Pre-qualify leads and produce indicative offers within tight timelines
- Constantly adjusting priorities of opportunities and managing client expectations to ensure efficient use of internal resources and maximise the chance of securing contracts
- Manage tender and/or firm proposal submissions with internal resources to produce high quality business plans and proposals
- Manage internal approval processes for project investments
- Lead contract negotiation with supply chain partners and customers
- Secure projects with the targeted profitability and IRR criteria
- Drive and manage Key Account initiatives
- Monitor the performance of business development activities for Energy Efficiency solutions:
- Manage regular sales review and reporting process
- Produce and review sales KPIs, providing recommendations for improvement of team performance
- A degree in Engineering or Business is required
- At least 7 years of business development experience in the energy efficiency or renewable energy sector is required
- Must have a successful track record of closing profitable projects.