Formative Search has begun working closely with a boutique investment fund who is investing heavily in one of the pioneers in water & wastewater technology company, promoting the use of advanced technology to reduce energy consumption. Making the move to cleaner and more efficient energy, they are building and operating Water Treatment plants catered for Fortune 500 brands, MNCs, and SMEs in Asia. They are doing this through their unique water technology solutions being installed on multiple facilities and locations for their commercial and industrial clients.
In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on a search for a Business Development Manager / Sales Manager who has the experience in leading multi-discipline large value EPC Projects, to lead, give strategic direction, manage financial & commercial aspects, and manage the project in a timely and cost-effective manner and to take up the challenge of developing a wide range of functions and committed to executing at a high level in a start-up paced environment.
- Market research across the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, review and budgeting cycle.
- Develop accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of customer and market opportunities, market entry strategy, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue.
- Manage business communications internally and externally, including project press releases, case study development and videos.
- Establish scalable promotional tools and processes including B2B digital marketing.
- Structure and Industrialize the process around identifying and serving customers’ needs to match the company’s corporate strategy between teams in the different geographies, regional hub and HQ.
- Source potential leads for partnerships, joint-ventures and equity investment.
- Design cooperation structures, define role-sharing and assess economics of these partnerships or joint-ventures.
- Performance will be assessed by pipeline generation, projects closed, project profitability, revenue, customer relationship enhancement, brand influence, enhanced competitiveness and team building.
A strong candidate would be someone with a strong commercial skillset to both manage a complex network of both internal and external stakeholders to meet aggressive growth targets; and has the passion for water & wastewater treatment plants.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations, business to business marketing, finance, corporate development roles or similar (title to be commensurate with experience)
- Water/waste water industry background; Knowledge of the major water & sewage treatment processes
- Sales driven with technical understanding
- Graduate from a premier university with a degree in business, finance or economics. In progress of post-graduate degree, MBA and/or related professional qualifications considered a positive.
- Familiarity with economic and financial models and project financing principals
- Ability to create presentations to be shared with investors and financiers; Able to negotiate on high-value contracts and help bring them to a close.