Position: Energy Consultant
Working location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Permanent Position
An award winning Renewable Energy Consulting firm based in APAC is looking to expand operations in their Indonesian office. They are the market leader in the renewable Industry and are looking out for an experienced energy consultant specialist to join their growing team. The ideal candidate should possess at least 5-10 years of working experience within the Renewable Energy, Utilities or O&G industry.
- Undertake feasibility studies and early stage design roles for renewable energy
- Execute consulting engagements, which include coordinating with cross-discipline teams to develop bespoke solutions for clients
- Support senior team members to identify and pitch for projects across South East Asia
- Build relationships with both internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Identifying and evaluating viable options to reduce companies’ energy consumption.
- Formulating effective energy management plans for companies after careful analysis of current plans.
- Assisting in the initial planning of new company buildings or plants to ensure that cost-effective and sustainable energy systems are catered for.
- Regularly communicating with company management to ensure that proposed changes to current energy systems are being implemented
- Informing clients about their options regarding energy usage and helping them to develop systems to improve their efficiency
- Reporting regularly to your client to update them on ongoing processes and recommend the best energy solutions
- Developing strategies on how to practically implement solutions based on your research
- Presenting results to clients and recommending options on how they can improve their energy usage
Key skills for energy consultants
As environmental issues are becoming a greater concern for both the government and the public, the role of many energy consultants has moved from just cutting costs to one that combines this with improving a company’s ‘green’ credentials. Therefore, knowledge of environmental issues and sustainable sources of energy will often be useful. As an energy consultant, you’ll generally need:
- Having client management experience – someone who’s dealt with clients and already has relationships with Indonesian utilities
- 3 - 5 years post-qualification experience in the development and execution of utilities, O&G or renewable energy projects.
- Experience of undertaking feasibilities for onshore and offshore wind, solar, hydro and/or geothermal projects as well as experience of working with clients and assisting business development.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in both technical and non technical environments.
- As this role will be working with our offices in Southeast Asia, having language proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage.
If you are keen to work with talented professionals with a dynamic top player company in the industry and have the chance to progress your career apply online or email your CV to Sergio@formativesearch.com for more information, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.