- Design, document, create, and modify server configurations that are highly available and scalable for Middleware and Databases.
- Administer & modify existing middleware & database configuration to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design and develop a Monitoring solution for the entire Global Terminal Operating System suite of applications and its underlying infrastructure (Hardware, Operating System, Middleware, and Databases)
- Responsible for Capacity management which includes Capacity analysis, review and planning.
- Design, implement, execute and validate backup and DR plans for application infrastructure.
- Implement patches, updates, and fixes for middleware and databases as necessary following established Change Management processes.
- Perform database administration, fine tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide Level-3 on-call support for middleware and database issues.
- Act as technical liaison for the application deployment teams on projects and support.
- Plan, implement and manage the various software environments required for product application development and test as well as customer deployment and support.
- Work with development vendors and internal staff to achieve objectives.
- Handle project management for projects relating to databases/middleware.
- 5-6 years of proven hands-on experience in administering, design, deployment and support of the following products; Middleware (IBM WebSphere, Apache, TomEE, Kafkaetc) and Database (IBM DB2, MySQL & MarieDB).
- JEE application servers, preferably IBM Websphere Application Server and TomEE.
- Relational Databases administration, preferably IBM DB2 and MarieDB
- Application and Systems monitoring tools which handles up to application transaction level
- AIX/Linux operating system scripting and administration
- Optional: IBM i-Series operating system scripting and administration Business Skills
Please send your resume directly to email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.