Formative Search is working on an exciting opportunity with a leading private equity fund that specializes in the infrastructure and renewable energy industry. They are currently looking for a Development Director specializing in wind to originate and lead the development of wind energy opportunities in Australia & New Zealand. The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years of technical experience in the renewable energy industry, ideally in wind projects across Australia. If successful, the candidate will get to work alongside an experienced team of developers with an impressive track record in the industry.
- Accountable for achieving results and targets including key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Identify, develop and deliver 100MW of wind and/or hybrid projects (including storage) p.a.
- On time on budget delivery
- Lead the origination and execution of wind development projects in Australia & New Zealand.
- Site identification stage - screening and short listing of potential sites based on resource quality (including met mast installation and wind data monitoring campaign, as necessary), and grid quality & availability;
- Feasibility stage – resource and site assessment, preliminary designs, completion of 2D and 3D layouts, comprehensive energy yield assessments, identification of connection options;
- Permitting stage – working together with in house and external experts to complete environmental impact and risk assessments, obtain development approvals, undertake community consultation programs, interact and negotiate with landowners & other relevant stakeholders;
- Connection development stage – supported by the inhouse grid connection manager, interacting with grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies of the project and with the electricity network;
- Final design stage – lead the finalisation of design based on feasibility work, recent advances in technology, cost and availability of all necessary components;
- Contract design & contractor selection - all (EPC structure) or subcontractor basis (where Company procures component parts of the facility and takes commissioning risk itself); and
- Operations & asset management: post commissioning, including ensuring the continued efficient operation of the faciliti
- Be capable of personally evaluating and recommending technology solutions to optimise build quality and performance taking into account availability, cost, proven performance from leading market provider
- Lead the preparation of project schedules, project progress reports, proposals, and presentations required for internal purposes and for tendering processes
- Over time will recruit as required to build out the necessary support team, but show and ability and willingness to execute on a hands on basis in the interim.
- Representing the company by participating in industry conferences, forums, workshops and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
- Qualifications in Project Development Management, Engineering, or an equivalent field
- Specific experience in wind power development in Australia including completion and commissioning of at least 300MW of Australian wind projects.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Must have past hands-on experience at all levels
- Ability to manage complex technical and commercial issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen;
- Knowledge of converter connected technology
- Detailed knowledge of storage and battery solutions
- Permanent residency or Australian visa preferred
This is an amazing opportunity to join a reputable renewable energy developer and operator with a successful track record. They have recently completed their fundraising from two of the world’s largest infrastructure investors, and are now rapidly growing their platform and hiring high calibre executives to join the team which is predominantly based in Melbourne with a second office in Sydney.