Development Manager, Renewable Energy Storage (Houston or Remote)
Our client is looking for an experienced industry professional who understands well the strategic and operational aspects of project management.
They are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who is eager to be a part of new ventures and manages well in a dynamic environment.
- Lead development, commercial, and regulatory requirements for storage projects.
- Track and manage project budgets, schedules, and execution activities in accordance with the Group’s health and safety standards.
- Oversee local, state and federal environmental permitting processes for standalone storage projects in close coordination with the solar project manager for hybrid projects.
- Lead and facilitate the relationship with landowners (land/title activities) and other external stakeholders included but not limited to permit agencies and utilities.
- Coordinate consultants – including but not limited to environmental, biological, engineering, market advisor, and contracts negotiation/execution.
- Work in coordination with the team in Paris to develop and manage project technical specifications.
- Coordinate with the Owner’s Engineer and EPC contractor on development deliverables and construction timelines.
- Support the integration of storage projects with their respective RTO, ISO, and/or utility operator.
- Act as a clearinghouse for storage-related questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the development and vetting of business plans and financial models.
- Obtain internal approvals as needed.
- Participate in project handover to Asset Management.
- Support RFP responses and contract negotiations with offtakers as necessary.
- Assist in developing competitive offtake pricing and competitive analysis.
- Assist in developing a competitive storage strategy and assessing new development opportunities (greenfield sites and potential acquisitions).
- Coordinate the preparation of all materials for project finance and sell-down activities.
- Contribute to TRU Budget and Long-Term Plan exercises and implementation.
Apply for this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related discipline required; Technical focus preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience to include 2 years’ experience developing/managing energy storage projects with a strong technical knowledge of batteries; ERCOT experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of energy storage fundamentals and wholesale electricity markets, tariffs, market rules
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on large scale utility energy development projects and work with cross functional teams
- Solid oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work well within a team
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly work into new tasks and accommodate a dynamic environment