Formative Search is currently working alongside a rapidly expanding renewable energy developer. They are looking to hire a Project E&S Compliance Manager in Vietnam to be be part of their global team working together towards their vision – Improving their future. As their E&S Project Manager you will lead all E&S workstreams for the Project, including implementation of physical and economic resettlement, in compliance with IFC Performance Standards, other lender requirements, local law and regulations and the company's policies.
- Develop site/project-specific, feasible and IFC Performance Standards compliant ESMPs and ESMS (including HSSE management plans). Manage development and implementation of all supporting systems, communication and documentation for operationalization of ESMS and oversee compliance by regular monitoring of activities
- Ensure Lender’s Environmental and Social conditions and deliverables (ESAP) defined in the loan agreement are followed and timely delivered
- Manage all these workstreams within the overall Project timeline, budget and risk framework, in close coordination of the other functions involved in the development and construction of the Project.
- Ensure implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement Plan to assure stakeholders are engaged and informed in line with informed consultation and participation principle and to achieve buy-in from PAPs throughout the Resettlement and Livelihood Restoration processes;
- Ensure the Resettlement Action Plan encompassing physical and economic resettlement is successfully implemented;
- Ensure the Livelihood Restoration Plan is successfully implemented. Ensure development and implementation of short and long term Livelihood restoration projects to achieve sustainable “net benefit” outcomes for the PAPs;
- Liaise with HSSE teams of SSO and subcontractors’ and support and train on environmental management.
- Overview and manage the processes of obtaining required environmental licenses and permits as per Vietnam law;
- Preferred ten-year industry or consultancy experience in environmental and social management of infrastructure and energy projects in accordance with Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards;
- Experience as E&S Project Manager is mandatory, preferably for projects involving physical and economic displacement;
- Experience in liaising with DFIs and stakeholder engagement and management at different levels;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written;
- University degree within environmental sciences, social sciences or economics.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills: ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate, execute, control and evaluate projects – expert in timeline and risks management;
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative;
- You are used to changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and team working skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- High social and intercultural competence;
- Ethics and moral integrity.