ENERGY PROJECT MANAGER
Based in Tokyo, Japan
Formative Search has partnered with an international energy technology company with its headquarter in France. Our client offers an intelligence platform coupled with human expertise to identify energy efficiency potentials in the industry. These potentials can give lead to medium / long-term projects or be used for automatic optimisations whether being linked to energy markets or through control-command.
Their mission insists in reshaping the way energy data is used to optimize the energy performance of manufacturers and to improve industrial processes and turn energy into a profit centre and their data science algorithms.
Since 2016, the company has grown significantly, acquiring many new customers and expanding in different countries in Europe and on the American and Asian continents. They are urgently looking for an Energy Project Manager, based in Tokyo, Japan, who will be in charge of identifying and implementing energy management strategies and energy optimization actions at customer industrial sites in the country.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations in France and the MD of APAC in Singapore, this position can evolve into a supervisory position to manage a portfolio of diversified projects :
· Carry out investigative work, on-site and in the office, in order to build a consistent Energy Performance Management Strategy
· Identify, quantify and then implement energy-saving actions Implement the various solutions for integrating industrial customer data on the company’s platform
· Ensure a technological watch
· Participate in the technical understanding of the customer's needs from the pre-sales phase
· Create a partnership approach with all stakeholders in the management of energy projects: privileged interlocutor with the customer throughout the implementation and optimization phases of energy performance
· Manage the project: control milestones, deadlines, meet customer needs
· To be a driving force for continuous improvement of the company customers' energy efficiency
· Master Data Science tools and methodologies: models, baselines
What experience & skills should you have for this role?
· Master of Science or equivalent with a strong focus on Energy management in industry, HVAC, thermodynamics and control systems.
· Specialisation: Project Management, Energy and Processes in Industrial sites.
· First technical experiences (Engineering company, Process integrator, Project Management, Operation) in energy efficiency specialized in thermal efficiency in the Industrial field.
· The ability to work in project mode with all the players in the world of energy in an industrial environment
· As a force of proposal, you are creative in identifying potential energy savings and implementing them in complex environments.
· Dynamic and autonomous, you are rigorous, analytical, curious; attitude problem solving
· Relational and empathy skills; tenacity, organizational skills
· Proactive communication with project stakeholders (internal and external)