Formative Search has partnered up with a global Independent Power Producer who is expanding their team rapidly in the region. They are currently looking to hire a Financial Analyst immediately on a short term contract in Singapore.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst:
- Assist in the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of financing documents (internal or project finance) for medium to large size transactions, in accordance with best project finance practices of the company.
- Develop financial models to support investment decisions, following group guidelines. Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models. Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment files.
- Manage internal approvals process for new economic commitments and associated financing arrangements.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to financial Due Diligence on M&A opportunities, including coordination of external financial advisors.
- Proactively share knowledge with the AIFA network, suggest and implement improvements to methodology and tools.
- Ensure compliance with investment guidelines and methodology, including adherence to global Group valuation methologies.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend financing options and proposals as they relate to a business development project or other funding needs. Participation in the selection of funding sources / institutions.
- Assist the business development decision making process, identifying key financial indicators to be applied and monitored for investment decisions.
- Develop relationship with multilateral agencies (MLAs), export credit agencies (ECAs), development financial institutions (DFIs) active in the region as well as with international commercial banks. Leverage bank relationship to keep a market watch
- Advise internal stakeholders in understanding appropriate risk allocation, bankability of terms and conditions of various project contracts and provide general structuring advice and optimization of returns throughout the business development process.
Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Major in Engineering, Finance or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Professional experience
- 2-3 years of relevant experience either in leading Audit Cabinet or in a Project Finance, M&A or Corporate development environment at an investment bank, private equity fund or Corporation in the Power or Infrastructure Sector.
- Experience in the field of Energy Services activities and in financing of gas-fired, wind and solar power generation projects is a plus.
- Good understanding of financial, accounting and tax concepts (CAPM, IFRS, financial statements analysis, etc.).
- Good understanding of typical Independent Power Producer (IPP) contractual and commercial structure.
- Ability to manage multiple parties including banks, consultants, lawyers as well as internal stakeholders (management, business development, legal, technical, insurance, tax and accounting) to bring transactions to conclusion in a challenging environment.
- Proven flexible team player who works well with others, open to cultural diversity.
- Self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, sense of humour.
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to develop and maintain and use detailed, excel based, financial models.
- Ability to prioritize, distinguish the essential from the accessory, manage complexity.
- Presence and interpersonal credibility to represent the company with key financial stakeholders, banks, financial institutions, government agencies / departments and partners.
- Perfect compliance with health & safety and ethical guidelines.
- Expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models, including VBA programming.
This role will be on a short term contract with the opportunity to have a longer duration, or permanent posting, if performance is seen. Our client will pay an attractive monthly salary and able to take someone on immediately.
Apply for this job