General Counsel – Technology
Our client is a fast-growing technology company that is seeking a General Counsel to lead their legal team in Singapore. You will be responsible for the day-to-day legal operations as well as a key member and advisor to the Executive Team. As the General Counsel, you will oversee the corporate-wide management of all legal business matters pertaining to the organization and coordinate with external counsel as required. The ideal candidate will have significant US securities legal experience, is detail-oriented, high integrity, and is a compassionate and business-minded leader.
- Advise on US securities law and capital markets matters
- Prepare and advise on the Company's SEC filings, insider filings and public disclosure documents
- Oversee the Company’s policies for compliance and risk management
- Manage and, as required, lead corporate governance and the board of directors related matters
- Help with intercompany agreements and advise on corporate structure matters
- Provide practical legal advice and support on a variety of topics affecting the business of the Company
- Serve as the legal team's business partner to the Company's finance, investor relations, and corporate strategy functions
- Manage legal aspects of all capital markets and M&A transactions; and
- Keep abreast of legal and industry-specific regulatory changes on a regular basis
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to at least one US state bar (preferably the New York bar)
- Minimum 15 years’ experience from a top international law firm or in-house
- Experience in public traded companies in NYSE/NASDAQ is a must
- Has deep familiarity and experience with SEC/NYSE/NASDAQ rules and filings, and securities related matters
- Has experience in managing and leading diverse groups of stakeholders
- Has the ability to navigate through regulatory barriers and strategize to find a solution to overcome such barriers
- Has the ability to work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision.
- Has excellent negotiation, networking, management, critical thinking, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with collegial personality.
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing, with legal and business personnel at all levels