Formative Search has been approached by one of Asia's largest Power companies to hire a General Manager of a newly created business that is helping major energy users decarbonize across Asia. Our client has successfully developed major projects across both established and emerging markets, and has a great reputation in the Energy world. Now that Decarbonization is at the top of their agenda, SE Asia is now a key priority market for them, and their growing Singapore office will be a key hub for Low Carbon Solutions in the wider region.
The General Manager of Low Carbon Solutions is expected to:
- Support strategic planning initiatives for the group, helping to identify, prioritize, and execute on low carbon energy solution opportunities;
- Directly negotiate and provide oversight to associated team-members/parties negotiating a variety of solutions associated with energy projects across Asia;
- Develop contractual strategies that are consistent with projects, regional and broader objectives and market design / risk
- Drive the business development of proposed new solutions (eg, exploration, identification, evaluation and prosecution of new opportunities);
- Coordinate with and drive internal and external parties (i.e. all development work-streams and support functions) to minimize execution and operational risk in executing services solutions to customers;
- Provide guidance, direction, and education to all team members, whether in a direct management role or not;
- Be instrumental in managing team resources to meet the business plan and objectives of this newly created business unit.
The General Manager of Low Carbon Solutions should:
- Be someone who demonstrates strong initiative and comfort working in an unstructured environment, and with solid negotiating, project management, and team management skills;
- Have a deep understanding of value creation in energy and power assets, as well as the overall sustainability and economic trends in SE Asia;
- Come with a wealth of experience in marketing or sales of services and solutions to regional energy customers and utilities;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of energy and power markets, the policy and regulations, vendors, consultancy service providers and the overall key players in the energy space.
- Possess a real ability to build great relationships with energy related organizations and major energy consumers;
- Have the ability to summarize and present complex issues and opportunities into actionable terms, especially around low carbon and decarbonization solutions.
- Highly driven, detail-oriented and hard-working individual with high standards for self and others, and be a great analytical problem solving skills, operates with unquestioned integrity.
A leader who has been involved in providing Energy Solutions to major corporates across Asia in recent years, will be really a great fit for this role. The successful GM will be covering the most dynamic economies of the 21st century in New Energy, and will be presented with some amazing opportunity as the world continues to decarbonize. The compensation will be attractive in line with this role, and based in the global hub of Singapore.