Formative Search has been approached by one of Asia's largest Power companies to hire a General Manager of Renewable Power, based in Singapore. Our client has successfully developed major projects across both established and emerging markets, and has a great reputation in the Energy world. Now that Decarbonization is at the top of their agenda, SE Asia is now a key priority market for them, and their growing Singapore office will be a key hub for New Energies development in the wider region.
The General Manager of Renewables will be expected to do this:
- Support strategic planning initiatives for the group, helping to identify, prioritize, and execute on investment opportunities, and communicate opportunities and ideas in real time to the broader team;
- Directly negotiate and provide oversight to associated team members/parties that are negotiating a variety of contracts associated with energy projects;
- Develop contractual strategies consistent with project, regional and broader objectives and market design/ risks and maximize the bandwidth of the internal and broader teams;
- Implement creative project financing and deal structuring to differentiate the platform;
- Drive project developing efforts individually and with the broader team to meet objectives as set in the Company's business plan;
- Drive business development (e.g. exploration, identification, evaluation and prosecution of new opportunities to include M&A) efforts directly and in conjunction with the broader team;
- Utilize your track record, experience and industry relationships to develop new opportunities;
- Coordinate with and drive internal and external parties (i.e. all development work-streams and support functions) to minimize execution and operational risk in financing negotiations and contracts;
- Whether in a direct or influence management role, provide guidance, direction, and education to all team members and be instrumental in managing team resources to meet annual financing (as well as M&A) objectives;
- Develop and monetize counterparty relationships (i.e. key financing parties and counterparties broadly in the market).
The General Manager of Renewables should look like this:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in managing energy/infrastructure businesses, with solid exposure to Renewable Power;
- Master’s in Engineering, Business or Economics is a plus;
- Strong initiative and great comfort working in unstructured environments, as well as capable negotiating, and project/process and team management skills;
- Deep understanding of value creation in renewable energy power assets and markets in the region;
- Proven ability to structure complex financial transactions (including tax, equity structures), with a clear understanding of potential legal and credit issues, as well as an appreciation for the associated origination, operational and technical implications;
- Experience negotiating and executing structured financings associated with the development and sale of renewable energy assets;
- Deep understanding of power markets, policy and regulations, vendors, consultancy service providers, and power economics in Asia;
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and collaboration skills within large organizations and with broad multi-party outside organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with financing partners and counter-parties, at the individual and company level;
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable terms;
- Solid ability to lead and manage the negotiation and closing of financing transactions;
- Capability to implement process within an interdisciplinary team setting and to prioritize tasks to align with goals and effectively manage competing deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, presentation and verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and hard-working individual with high standards for self and others;
- Analytical problem solving skills, and can operate with unquestioned integrity.
Someone who has been involved in a senior project development capacity within the Renewables landscape in Asia, will be really a great fit for this role. The successful General Manager will be covering the most dynamic economies of the 21st century in New Energy, and will be presented with some amazing opportunity as the industry flourishes. The compensation will be attractive in line with this role, and based in the global hub of Singapore.