General Manager SE Asia – Renewable Energy
We have a very exciting new opportunity based in Bangkok, with our client, a long standing global group of companies with a big focus in Energy. One of the newer companies amongst the group, finances, develops, and constructs large scale power plants in Wind and Solar Energy across the globe. Out of their regional APAC HQ in Bangkok, they also have a B2B trading business selling renewable energy equipment across SE Asia. My client sources the product direct from manufacturers at scale, and offers them to companies whom may not have the ability to buy direct from manufacturers.
The business is growing at a fantastic pace across Asia Pacific, and in SE Asia, there is a real opportunity to offer renewable energy equipment to developers, EPCs, and other installers across the region, who are unable to buy direct from the manufacturer. They have a warehouse full of quality sourced product in Thailand, and a strong brand behind them. We expect to see a profitable trading business over the coming years, and want someone to build that, drive it forward, and ultimately oversee its success.
What are you expected to do?
• Set up and build product distribution business of renewable energy equipment across SE Asia.
• Report directly to the regional Managing Director and work closely with global counterparts.
• Build out a sales team and implement systems and processes for the business.
• Manage and develop new supplier relationships based on existing and new market opportunities.
• Identify and develop a customer network and devise the marketing plan and strategy.
• At least 10 years of experience in equipment distribution or sales in a B2B environment, with direct solar industry experience being a huge advantage.
• Proven record of accomplishments in leading and managing a multinational team in different markets throughout South East Asia or elsewhere in the region or across the world.
• Come with at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, and have a solid knowledge and experience with CRM and ERP systems
• An expert multi-tasker and able to work in a small dynamic team setting, as well as being hands-on and able to work independently.
• Very strategic professional, though also very entrepreneurial, and proactive to work autonomously to build a new offering from the ground floor.
This position is based in Bangkok and will suit someone who is based there already, or lived and worked there before, or wants to relocate across. My client has a great growth story, with ambitious plans for further success, and the General Manager should want to really be a part of that. The international focus of the company will open up the door for excellent prospects for the GM once they have proved successful in building a profitable trading business. If they wish to look beyond the setting of Bangkok and this role, the opportunity will certainly be there.