Formative Search is working on an exciting opportunity with a leading private equity fund that specializes in the infrastructure and renewable energy industry. They are currently looking for a Grid Manager to join their team in Melbourne and oversee the grid application processes for multiple projects across Australia.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience with applying and successfully obtaining grid network approval from AEMO. Successful candidates will be working alongside an experienced team of investment professionals with an impressive track record in the Renewable Energy industry.
- Work alongside the development and technical services teams to drive the network connections process and obtain connection approvals
- Coordinate the process to successfully deliver project connections
- Deliver technical, project management, cost and planning activities
- Work with and maintain relationships with grid-connection consultants and AEMO
- Keep up to speed with the latest technology and regulatory changes.
- Provide technical support to Generator Performance Standard negotiations and NSP requirements.
- Support the development and EPC technical teams in managing connection risks and defining scope requirements.
- Managing the technical aspects of the connection process to deliver connection approvals across the development portfolio.
- Very strong understanding of the grid-connection process, AEMO and NSP requirements.
- At least 8 years of experience in the power or renewable energy industry
- A degree in power engineering is preferred.
- Must have track record of obtaining connection approvals from AEMO.