We are working with an exciting international payments business that is in serious growth mode across Asia. They are looking to hire a Head of Compliance in Manila to support their business in the Philippines.
This role will be responsible for compliance issues for the payments business and for creating and building a compliance function for the group.
- Lead the regulatory compliance function for e-money and payment services of the payment system group, including: (a) advising products and operations compliance; (b) managing licensing, regulatory approvals, and mandatory reporting to and audit from authorities.
- Create, manage and maintain good corporate governance and anti-bribery & corruption policy through establishing and enforcing framework and SOPs.
- Create, manage and maintain anti-money laundering policy through establishing and enforcing framework and SOPs.
- Represent the product function to work with strategic partners’ compliance function, implement and maintain the agreed approaches.
- Conduct compliance socialization and training for internal stakeholders.
- Coordinating with the Government, Risk and Compliance function to establish practice based on best payment industry standard in the market.
- Maintain relationship and coordination with relevant industry associations and government institutions to support company’s activities.
- At least 10 years of working experience, preferably in fields such as legal, compliance or public policy.
- Possess a good understanding of laws and regulations in payment industry and ABCs would be preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and a team player who can work under pressure and inspire confidence in others.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Possess the ability to learn and adapt quickly, is attentive to details and keen to be involved in the business process and to drive improvements.