This is an excellent opportunity for a corporate generalist or banking and finance lawyer to join a dynamic financial institution as the new Head of Legal in Jakarta. You will be joining at the start of an exciting time for the Bank and be responsible for providing legal advice on a broad range of issues. There will be the opportunity to establish a team and build something from the ground up. This is a unique opportunity and will suit someone who is ambitious, willing to step up to a leadership role and is keen to move their career forward.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing legal advice on a broad range of matters (including corporate and operational matters). Specific coverage of segments and products will be allocated from time to time.
- Drafting, reviewing and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial documents and agreements with global parties.
- Drafting legal policies and guidelines.
- Providing legal solutions on Group-related matters.
- Managing intellectual property rights of the Group.
- Advising on litigation matters.
- Advising the business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business.
- Advising on the Group's merger & acquisition, and sale/disposal activities related to the business.
Requirements: The successful candidate should possess:
- At least 10 years of corporate or banking legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles
- Experience working in a banking environment
- A degree in law from a recognized university
- Self-motivated, confident, independent and prepared to work hard with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Meticulous and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information