Head of Legal – TMT
We are working with a growing TMT business at an exciting stage of its development. They are looking for a Head of Legal to have oversight of the legal function and be a trusted advisor to the board.
The position will be responsible for overall protection and support of the company's growing businesses, innovations and interest by designing, overseeing and ensuring a robust business advisory and preparing suitable legal documentation and basis, providing consultancy and advice to business units as well as management.
- Analyse legal risks and opportunities to the business when entering new business projects/ventures
- Provide legal advice and support in general corporate and special projects to protect the company's interest
- Negotiate, structure, and review and/or draft agreements and/or other documents relating to BAU, special projects, corporate secretarial, procurement, etc
- Ensuring legal compliance to the business and its subsidiaries
- Formulating strategy and direct handling - as applicable, to litigation or potential dispute
- External advisors management, incl. budgeting and performance
- Liaising with other function in the organization to achieve the company’s goals
- Mentoring, nurturing and overall legal team management
- Be a contact point in shareholders management
To succeed in this Head of Legal role, you should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of legal knowledge and expertise in a business environment.
- Bachelor of Laws and licensed to practice in Indonesia
- 10 years+ experience, ideally covering both private practice as well as in-house
- Familiar with capital market regulations, either as practice area or from working in a public company
- Tech enthusiast, well versed with what’s happening in the tech scene
- Growth mind set, ability to provide creative solution and form justifiable assumptions for the business
- Ability to navigate the Company through ambiguity and within a fast paced environment
- High personal integrity and commitment, strong communication and negotiation skills