HEAD OF PROJECTS – OFFSHORE WIND
Formative Search has begun working closely with the leading energy producers in Thailand, whom are spending billions to become a truly diversified energy giant, promoting the use of Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they have operated and developed close to 500MW power capacity from their renewables division internationally.
In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on a search for a Head of Projects for its Offshore Wind projects to manage their continuous renewables development. The candidate will be leading the Offshore Wind initiative across the region.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
· Being responsible for commercial, quality & program, budget development & management, opportunity & issue management and contract management.
· Risk management, identification of threats and opportunities and development of contingency plans.
· Full understanding of development (DEVEX), capital (CAPEX), and operational (OPEX) expenses.
· Project management & planning through all life-cycle, from engineering to construction (and installation), financial closeout until the project closing phase to hand over to the operations department.
· Management of multi projects with interfaces on several packages (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical & others).
· Managing of internal supply chain, external suppliers & sub-contractors.
· International stakeholder’s management, internal and external, from team members to local authorities.
What will a successful candidate look like?
· Bachelor degree in Civil/ Maritime Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Project Management & Construction Engineering and master’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in offshore & onshore wind or renewable energy, including 5 years’ experience in management level i.e. EPC director/ project director/ project manager.
· Experience in wind technology development, renewable energy or power generation development and foundation structures.
· Knowledge of turbine technology would be an advantage.
· Experience in large scale construction projects in the sector of renewable energy, global environment with relocation would be an advantage.