Formative Search is currently working alongside a multinational conglomerate who has positioned themselves as one of the world's leading electricity provider, and they are currently looking for a Head of Renewable Energies to join their team and oversee the organic growth of the business unit across Asia by providing and executing a strategic business development plan.
- Define the development strategy to develop large scale renewable energy platform across South East Asia.
- Originate and develop a pipeline of both Greenfield and Brownfield Renewable Energy projects to implement the company's large scale renewable energy strateg.
- Shortlist projects for advanced development either through tenders or direct bi-lateral development.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the business development cycle.
- Manage the commercial bid cycle and submission, respectful of quality of submission and deadlines.
- Oversee and lead a team of developers in Malaysia and Philippines.
- Develop a regional marketing platform to retail green electricity either through direct supply, RECS or VPPA.
- Initiate commercial discussions with corporate offtakers.
- Develop strategic partnerships to scale the solution.
- Develop strong understanding of the renewables industry, power markets and developments.
- Develop for each market a regulatory pack to explain to corporates the market functioning and developments.
- Monitor regulatory changes in the market and wider ASEAN Grid.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Economics/Business or related fields; MBA is a plus.
- More than 10 years’ experience in similar senior management capacity and regional role
- A successful track record in the renewable energy industry
- Relevant experience merger & acquisition in a complex environment will be preferred.
- Good understanding of general transaction/bid management
- Strong understanding of power project development