Formative Search is working with a fast-growing company providing renewable energy solutions to C&I customers internationally. They are financially strong and are currently active in the region, with substantial assets already in operation, under construction and in late-stage development phases.
Our client is looking for an Investment Associate to join their rapidly growing team to originate and analyze investment opportunities for the team.
- Perform investment analysis tasks assisting and reporting to an Investment Manager
- Perform a variety of investment analysis work including modelling, research, investment paper writing, monitoring of investments and assisting in writing quarterly reports.
- Build the financial model based on technology, project and/ or jurisdiction, as may be required from time to time to support the investment activities and growth of the business;
- Prepare the relevant investment thesis, notes, papers, presentations, updates and reports
- Support the necessary project-related activities across the company's business units
- Closely monitor the performance of investments
- Liaise with personnel and employees and ensure timely and accurate reporting of information relating to the investments;
- Maintain relationships with local stakeholders, partners and suppliers;
- Assist in negotiating with lenders, developers and project partners key commercial terms and shareholder agreements and manage such relationships;
- Assist in negotiating project PPA, IA, finance agreements, etc.;
- Support the investment relations team in interactions with the company's fund investors during fundraising and through the investment cycle
- Manage or participate in exit transaction.
- Cooperate with engineering function on the feasibility studies, EPC, O&M, power evacuation and insurance arrangements;
- Cooperate with legal function to ensure that the project agreements and other relevant legal documents are appropriately structured and managed
- Attend progress meetings, internal meetings and investor meetings, as required.
- Provide briefings and project updates on a regular basis or as required;
- A degree in Finance is required, a Master's Degree will be advantageous
- 4-5 years’ experience working in corporate finance (Mergers & Acquisitions, and Transactions), investment banking or project finance
- Candidates with infrastructure or renewable energy experience are preferred
- Experience in Financial Modelling is required.
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites across Asia.
- Preference for CFA Charter holder or CFA Candidate.