Our client is a leading Renewables fund focused on investments in emerging markets around the world in Solar, Wind, and new Energy technologies. In Asia where they are incredibly active with a project portfolio of hydro, solar, wind, geothermal and biomass assets, they are seeking to expand their footprint into new markets, and want to hire an experienced Investment Manager. The Senior Investment Manager will lead the Asian project investment activities with the aim to bring in new transactions and open up new markets across South East Asia.
What will the Senior Investment Manager be doing?
- Source prospective investments in line with the fund's strategy.
- Lead entry into new markets (countries), developing market entry strategy, hiring, origination effort and transacting on pipeline.
- Assume the lead for business development activities across the platform.
- Conduct due diligence activities in cooperation with other functions, to analyze all relevant aspects of the project and advise senior management.
- Build or supervise the construction of financial model for each project and manage the analysis of the project based on that model.
- Build and maintain relationships with local stakeholders, partners, and suppliers.
- Manage key aspects of local project development: land, permitting and licenses.
- Lead the individual investments through the investment process including submission to management and Investment Committee of relevant papers, updates, and reports.
- Manage the task budgets and investment spending in line with Investment Committee approval.
- Negotiate with developers and project partners key commercial terms and shareholder agreements and manage such relationships.
- Negotiate project documents: PPA, IA, finance agreements, etc.
- Cooperate with engineering function on the feasibility studies, EPC, O&M, power evacuation and insurance arrangements and provide oversight on the development process.
- Cooperate with the finance function on all relevant aspects e.g., tax, accounting, etc. as well as efficient and timely management of equity drawdowns.
- Cooperate with legal function to ensure that the project agreements and other relevant legal documents are appropriately structured and managed and that the relevant KYC and AML requirements are met.
- Cooperate with the E&S function to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the requirements of the fund, its investors, and lenders.
- Support respective fund-raising activities as required and manage effective communication with investors.
- Coordinate the necessary project-related activities across the team to make sure that the requirements of each project are met timely and diligently.
- Hiring and managing of leadership teams and setting up processes and procedures for the projects and business platforms.
- Lead the mobilization of co-investment capital, with the necessary support to the investment cycle.
- Support the investment relations team in interactions with the fund investors during fundraising and throughout fund life.
- Prepare project for exit eventual exit and as appropriate, manage or participate in exit transaction.
What will the Senior Investment Manager's profile look like?
- Meet the fund's internal reporting and management requirements, using appropriate in-house systems where necessary.
- Attend project progress meetings, internal fund meetings and investor meetings.
- Provide briefings and project updates on a regular basis or as required.
- Highly analytical, organized, and pragmatic professional with attention to detail.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in investment (Origination, Transactions, Negotiation of Shareholders Agreement, Raising Debt, Private Financial Advisory exposure).
- Excellent excel and financial modelling skills are required and advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written English and ability to write documents to a publishable standard.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Good people management and team player while having the ability to work independently.
- High collaborative skills and willingness to listen and learn.
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites across Asia.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a recognised and leading fund in Renewables in one of the busiest regions in the world, amidst a global Energy transition. Our client has some great ambitions for growth and will offer committed professionals the chance to evolve with them. On top of this, our client provides an attractive compensation package.