Our client is a global renewable energy company that is experiencing significant growth. They are looking to hire a junior Legal Counsel in Singapore. The role will provide legal advice and assistance in connection with its operations in the Asia Pacific Region, in particular, on investment opportunities, development, financing, construction and operation of renewable projects and associated M&A projects.
The role will be part of the legal team split across the Asia Pacific region and report to Head of Legal in Singapore.
- Anticipate the risks and legal needs of operations; monitor, alert, advise and propose appropriate solutions;
- Draft and negotiate simple and complex contracts including those related to renewable energy power generation projects and not limited to non-disclosure agreements, sales and purchase agreements, energy performance contracts, commission framework agreements, engineering procurement contracts, joint venture agreements, acquisition related documents, power of attorney, corporate guarantees and many others.
- Conduct legal studies and provide legal memorandum;
- Assess regulatory and contractual risks, propose innovative solutions to mitigate such risks;
- Analyze and interpret new regulations within the Region and contribute to appropriate monitoring and alerts;
- Advise on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Between 1-3 years of experience as transactional lawyer, ideally, an experience of the jurisdictions of the Region, in the energy sector (with, ideally, part of this experience in a law firm).
- Common law qualified.
- Assertiveness, responsiveness, flexibility (must be able to adapt quickly to the context and to complex and varied situations), autonomy and sense of initiative.
- Negotiation skills with private investors (prospective partners, acquirers, lenders), service providers and public authorities. Legal drafting skills (in English).
- Ability to working in teams/project mode with the operational people (business development, technical and operations, structured finance, etc.) as well as external and other lawyers in the Group.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills in the context of a multicultural environment.
Formative Search is a specialist recruitment agency based in Singapore. We recruit across the Legal & Corporate Governance, Renewable Energy, and Technology industries.