Formative Search has partnered up with a world leader in the development of large-scale Renewable Energy projects across the globe, tasked with recruiting a Managing Director for their Japan business. As one of the industry’s longest standing players, our client has a great reputation for the Development of large-scale solar projects, and now they are bringing their attention back to Japan where it all began for them.
The Managing Director will lead the project development and delivery activities for the company's pipeline of Japanese renewable energy projects, and act with ultimate responsibility for the performance of the technical and commercial activities in Japan.
- Develop strategic alliances and collaborative relationships with channel partners, government & provincial department, developers, contractors, equipment suppliers, technical advisors, utilities, communities and other key stakeholders to enable the business to successfully operate for various activities of the renewable energy business in Japan
- Work closely with the local partner during the initial development of the project and ensure that organization interest is protected
- Manage the projects’ resources within the Japanese market to ensure the business is efficiently operated to achieve its targets and objectives.
- Advise and consult with cross-functional teams as well as negotiating and overseeing EPC and O&M contracts with potential contractors and suppliers.
- To do necessary follow ups for ensuring that the project activities and milestones are completed well within the time.
- Policy advocacy and representation in the concerned regulatory and government bodies for sustainable renewable business.
- Support hiring of additional business development and project implementation staff.
- Graduate degree in business, engineering or science, undergraduate degree in engineering preferred
- 15 years of proven experience with an energy developer, infrastructure player or utility provider in developing, constructing and operating large scale projects.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and energy development and delivery processes in Japan. Proven ability to succeed in a complex stakeholder environment, with strong relationship building and influencing skills and the ability to drive change.
- Sound knowledge of PPA and EPC contracts
- Proficiency in Japanese and English languages
- Experience in managing, coaching and building high quality teams
- Pro-active with Entrepreneurial mind-set
Benefits of Working with our Client
- A diversified and multinational team with vast experience of Renewables in the region
- An exciting challenge to oversee the entire business in Japan
- Attractive and competitive compensation package that includes cash and equity to grow.
This is a very unique opportunity for someone to come into a highly reputable business and run an entire country in a senior role. Our client can relocate the right candidate to Tokyo and open to see strong profiles across the globe, and will remunerate very well for the successful candidate. If any of this sounds like the opportunity for you, please get back in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.