Onshore Engineering Manager, Boston/Remote
This role will serve on the staff of the Mayflower Wind Energy (Mayflower) joint venture team
• The Onshore Engineering Manager (OEM) is a senior role of the Engineering Team. The key responsibility of this role is managing engineering and interfaces of a highly visible, multi stakeholder, complex onshore electric transmission project to ensure all phases of development, approvals and execution are completed efficiently with a clear and defined scope. The OEM works closely with personnel throughout Mayflower to design, site, permit and construct the project.
• The person will be accountable for engineering of the onshore electrical infrastructure encompassing the cable landfall, the onshore cable, the onshore substation, and the overall integration of the project control, Scada and protection systems required to connect the project to the electrical grid. This role has critical interfaces with the Grid Connection Manager, Offshore Substation Package Manager, Offshore Export and Array Cable Package Manager and Electrical Systems Design Manager. In addition this role will also include close coordination with the Procurement, Permitting and Outreach teams.
• Responsible for producing the technical specification in conjunction with the Electrical System Design Manger to deliver the onshore transmission infrastructure
• Support Permitting Team with technical information and recommendations for the BOEM, EFSB and local permitting process. This will include, transmission from the onshore substation to the point of interconnection, the offshore export cable landfall to the onshore substation, substation design and siting, including technical cost/benefit analysis of proposed routes.
• Prepare the technical scope and review technical offers received from vendors to execute the onshore substation and onshore transmission system design/construction to support EPC contracting.
• Manages the vendors for the design of the onshore cable infrastructure and substation. Ensures work is completed in compliance with the job specs for all other onshore scopes, including transmission line design.
• Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of onshore project scope, budgets and schedules.
• Participates in the required onshore regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
• Provides necessary input to execute the onshore stakeholder management activities.
• Support Grid Connection Manager as needed to provide technical details related to transmission queue studies and negotiation with ISO-NE and the local system operator.
• Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
• Over 10 years of experience with proven track record of engineering management, project management and/or delivery of onshore electrical projects (substations and power lines) including design, construction, and commissioning.)
• Strong personal leadership in HSSE and Quality
• Local knowledge of New England is essential.
• Experience in wind projects is a plus.