Formative Search is working closely with a global industrial multi-services provider in delivering complete and innovative solutions to the required safety, quality and reliability levels whilst working in partnership with their clients to build, protect and extend the life of their assets in the Oil & Gas, Energy and Power Generation sectors.
Our prestigious client takes on an active role in providing the highest standards in asset protection from\ construction through to operations and into decommissioning by designing customised solutions in one integrated package and they have exclusively engaged us to secure an Operations Manager role to be based in Singapore. Through highly skilled workforce, our client offers numerous services across Scaffolding, Insulation, Protective Coatings, Rope Access, Industrial Cleaning and Mechanical disciplines across Maintenance & Project deliver models.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director - Singapore, this role will build strong employee and customer focused relationships, ensuring operational excellence is achieved in all areas of the business.
As an Operations Director you will direct and manage all operations and resources to ensure :
- Ensuring that work specifications are correct, cost effective and delivered on time in accordance to customer/client specification and quality requirements.
- Communicating with all the relevant people / department and coordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensuring that all work locations has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets.
- As part of the senior management team you will also be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
- Monitor and manage production KPI’s
- Control all associated operational costs according to the prevailing annual budget forecast.
- Ensure that all equipment complies with the Singapore Standards and codes of practice.
- Budget and forecast accurately with detail behind assumptions and projections.
Contract Review / Capacity Planning
- Ensure production departments have sufficient time to manufacture and deliver on time according to the customer’s request.
- Prepares and maintains list and information of customer and preferred suppliers
- Obtains and submits competitive prices
Planning & Scheduling of Workload
- Manage customer order / schedule requirements.
- Pre-plan production and deploy a daily prioritized work schedule with appropriate time deadline targets.
- Set, monitor & review work load schedule
- Ensure production/quality processes, equipment being used and the working environments are all conducive to producing a high quality product / service.
- Monitor production activity to ensure that the appropriate methods are employed and that sufficient due care is taken in order to meet the customer’s build and quality specifications.
- Ensure rejected product / non-conformance is rectified as high priority and that customers are kept informed accordingly.
- Ensure non-conformance are investigated to prevent any re-occurrence.
- Maintains comprehensive records which will bear scrutiny by Ministry of Manpower or other parties authorised to perform audits
- Review quality procedures on a regular basis seeking continuous Improvement.
- Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with customers at all times.
- Offer flexible and helpful customer service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
Develop & implement operational improvements
- Manage change to meet current business requirements.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, increase through input and minimize costs.
- Review monthly P&L taking note of detail and allocation of costs and revenue.
- Manage Overheads in line with revenue to produce budgeted and forecast expectations
Developing a high-performance workforce
- Promoting and upholding company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
Ideally, the candidate will have to meet these requirements :
- A degree or trade qualification and substantial construction (industrial) experience is required.
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a contracting environment in the industrial services sector
- Relevant experience in delivery and improvement in a service contract environment
- Significant experience of managing an operational delivery team
- Experience in devising and implementing an operational plan or strategy
What will you get in return?
As a global company, our client offers exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals, stability and security for its employees. Our client’s focus in the international market will also take a big part in the individual’s fast career advancement within regional management and an attractive package remuneration is also offered to those with excellent performance.
Apply for this job