Formative Search has secured an interesting role with one of Asia's leading investment firms focusing on the build up of Renewable Energy projects across the region. Based in Jakarta or Surabaya, we want to recruiit a Project Director for them who will lead the company’s growing Biomass projects portfolio across Indonesia.
Responsibilities of the Project Director:
- The primary responsibility of the Project Director will be to manage and supervise the construction of the portfolio of steam boiler and combined heat and power projects.
- The candidate will be in charge of project planning, construction phases, contractual management and supervision of the civil and equipment EPC contractors.
- The position reports to the President Director, and manages a team of project managers executing projects in SE-Asia.
- Delivery of projects on budget, on schedule and safely from planning to commercial operations date.
- Manage QA/QC for project portfolio and the ability to manage and coordinate various contractors (EPC and civil).
- Identifying, quantifying and mitigating potential risks to the project.
- Manage all contractual and commercial matters of the projects with customers and contractors.
- Monitoring and reporting safety, costs, schedule, quality, risks and any variations.
- Managing overall site safety and managing client interface.
- Reporting of the construction progress to the senior management
Requirements of the Project Director:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in project management (with MNC company).
- Direct experience of managing multi-million-dollar projects in the role of Project Manager.
- Experience in steam boiler or coal or biomass power plant projects.
- Experience in civil construction and involvement in biomass, solid fuel combustion and handling is an advantage.
- Working experience within industrial environment with strict health and safety standards.
- Experience in working internationally with multi-cultural teams.
- Understanding legal and commercial aspects of EPC contracts, and able to define and execute action plans to resolve projects contractual and commercial matters.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to develop positive working relationships with teams, customers and contractors.
- Self-starter and proactive – ability to work independently and resolve complex project issues.
- Ability to manage teams located in multiple countries in SE-Asia.
Our client is set to be a leader in Biomass across Indonesia and this role is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of this. Our client will compensate the successful candidate with an attractive package. If this sounds like it's for you, reach out for more information to Avanti at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +61 480 210 813.