Formative Search has continued to work closely with one of the world’s most successful Oil majors, who are now transitioning to New Energies across the globe. Our client has engaged us on an exclusive search for a Regional Project Director of South Asia to build out their India based Large Solar projects, based from Bangalore.
This role is to launch the Open Access business for our client with the primary focus in developing the projects including sourcing land parcels, connectivity, negotiating PPAs / Joint Ventures with customers and project delivery. This is a critical leadership role to grow a new business with a well-renowned and high-performing business unit within a market-leading company.
What are the main responsibilities for the Regional Project Director?
- Lead the development of a commercial proposal, PPA and Joint Venture Agreement (for Captive projects) - with the assistance of a dedicated business analyst and engineering team.
- Lead the contract negotiation, supported by the legal team in India and work with Joint Development Partners.
- Prepare a business case for approval, that is accurate, compelling and suitable to be used at the highest levels of the business.
- Align the procurement strategy with Country and regional leadership, and lead contract negotiation, execution.
- Design cooperation structures, define role-sharing and assess economics of these partnerships with the assistance of the regional business development team
- Lead the SPV establishment process for each project and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Manage the customer communication and relationships
- Commission and handover project to the Operation and Asset Management team
- You will be responsible for:
- Contracting and Delivering 50MW+ of open access solar power plants in the first year
- Leading a team of a business analyst, project managers and engineers to develop the system
- Finding and contracting joint developers for land, interconnection and EPC to build the system
- Leading the project execution including entity setup, construction and commissioning
What does a successful Regional Project Director look like?
- A successful candidate will have the experience of starting new businesses from scratch but also leveraging the resource and support of a global powerhouse.
- It is expected that this Director will be able to leverage the existing relationships within the Group to maximize performance.
- Ideally, our client will look to partner with existing local developers to source land and connectivity but they are open to the new role defining strategy and then executing.
- You should have experience leading complex contract negotiation, developing 50-100MW + power plants in India, with a strong network within the sector and region.
- You will bring together sales, engineering and project management teams and supporting functions to contract the customer, gain investment approval and deliver projects.
- This role leads the open access project development process over the full life cycle, from sales and contract negotiation through to commissioning and handover to operations.
Our client is truly set to be one of the world's leading Energy firms who have successfully set a vision for the future. This role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of cleaner energy in Asia whilst in front of an amazing brand. Our client will offer an attractive package, but there will also be an attractive annual bonus upon reaching the target set out. Aside from this, the role has enormous growth potential in the global group of our client.