Senior Analyst, Solar Energy (Houston or Remote)
- Interact with renewable energy developers during the development or acquisition phase of projects to support project feasibility recommendations
- Create conceptual solar facility designs by utilizing CAD software to illustrate project infrastructure.
- Create system design methodologies and processes including loss assumptions and equipment selection to inform the project layouts and grid interconnection applications.
- Create and manage project specific energy models using PVsyst
- Manage third party independent engineer reviews and project validation.
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external stake holders regarding the project system design and energy modeling.
- Provide equipment recommendations based off empirical performance data.
- Provide energy modeling guidance regarding battery storage design and integration.
- Review and manage project EPC plant acceptance validation testing and commissioning.
- Review and decipher operational data to optimize operating assets.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Apply for this job
- Undergraduate Degree in electrical or environmental engineering.
- Have a working knowledge and be able to perform complex analyses with solar design software including PVsyst, and proficient in CAD software.
- Have a working knowledge of various solar meteorological data sets and their applications.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a solar energy modeling role is required.
- Understand the dynamics of how various civil constraints impact solar layouts
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, CPM scheduling, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, capable of leading efficiently and outperforming assigned objectives.
- Familiarity with NEC and NESC electrical codes
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
- Energy storage knowledge a plus.
- Only candidates allowed to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship will be considered for this position