Formative Search has begun working closely with the leading energy producers in Thailand, whom are spending billions to become a truly diversified energy giant, promoting the use of Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they have huge ambitions to be a leader in cleaner power across Asia Pacific.
In SE Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on a search for a Projects Director for its growing Power and Infrastructure business. Reporting to the Head of Renewable Energy, and being based in Bangkok, the Projects Director will be leading all Infra projects across the region.
What are the main responsibilities as Project Director for Power and Infrastructure?
- Driving the company's objectives and goals and providing practical solutions to the senior management.
- Taking ownership of the business, spearhead its go-to-market strategy and project development activities, and being responsible for managing risk and delivering profit, including responsibility and maintaining in accordance with the law and regulations.
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Managing and working with engineering and project development team for projects on hand.
- Monitoring on planning & scheduling, cost estimation, project administration, interface management and delivery.
- Project, EPC and contract management.
- Coordinating with internal teams and all relevant external parties e.g. sponsor/shareholder, industrial estate, contracts, lenders, lenders’ advisor and contractor.
- Leading and managing execution of the project by coordinating internal.
- Contract negotiation, contract reviewing and budget control.
- Presenting and reporting projects to management.
What will a successful Project Director for Power and Infrastructure look like?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and master’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in project development or project management, of which 8 years in management level.
- Experience in infrastructure business such as railway/ highway/ port operator etc.
- Experience in oversea would be an advantage.
- Experience in management of scope, cost, schedules and vendors/subcontractors in varied contract arrangements.
- Sound knowledge of commercial, engineering techniques, processes and tools, and strong contractual knowledge.
- Inter-personal relationship skills, ability to communicate with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Strong business development, project development and corporate planning knowledge with commercial mind.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Fluent in English both of written and verbal and good computer literacy.
- Ability to travel/work in upcountry and abroad.
- Goal – Oriented, Unity, Learning, Flexible.