We are currently working with a UK headquartered engineering company with a strong global footprint. They are looking to hire an ambitious Senior Legal Counsel to be based in their Singapore office.
The successful candidate would be responsible for legal & compliance matters in the Asia Pacific region and would report directly to the Group Head of Legal based in the UK. The position will work closely with the APAC Leadership Team to ensure that APAC region manages contractual, legal, compliance and business risks appropriately and in accordance with applicable law and company policy.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements including bid and tender documentation
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Providing support on disputes and assisting the legal function with litigation and arbitration matters
- Providing compliance support. This includes coming up with compliance programmes covering areas such as anti bribery and export compliance matters
- Instruct and coordinate with external counsels where necessary
- Developing and maintaining legal/regulatory compliance SOPs
- Plan and conduct legal compliance training to management and employees
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- 7 years PQE +
- LLB and admitted to a commonwealth jurisdiction
- Singaporean/Singapore PR
- Working experience covering APAC and in a global business environment
- Experience in projects, oil and gas and power industry highly preferred