Senior Legal Counsel – Consumer Goods (Bangkok)
We are working with a well-regarded international consumer goods company with a large presence across Asia. They are looking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel in Bangkok to support the marketing and supply chain teams.
- Provide advice on all aspects of Thai law to the businesses in Thailand including commercial contracts, procurement/supply chain contracts, general legal advice and labor law.
- Being the day-to-day legal point of contact for marketing teams, in advising and coordinating with the IP team for trade mark issues, reviewing and overseeing contracts, and other legal advice for marketing related work like claims, advising on regulations and other issues.
- Advising the business on privacy, data protection, competition, and consumer law issues.
- Business partner with sales functions and other functions like Finance, HR, IT with strong management of projects and deliverables.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements and other legal documents to support the businesses including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, vendor contracts, tender agreements, and service agreements.
- Act as liaison to company secretary for ensuring proper corporate governance including organizing board meetings and ensuring timely filing of company secretarial documents.
- Identify potential legal risk of business activities, and proactively take steps to minimize legal exposure and effectively advise the business on practical solutions.
- Ensure that the business complies with all internal policies, local regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Keep abreast of legal developments and advise on the potential impact on the business.
- Prepare training decks and conduct training for the business for, amongst others, Legal Induction, Business Integrity, Corporate Governance, Employment Law, and Competition Law.
- Native Thai proficiency in both verbal and written Thai is required.
- Business level proficiency in English in both verbal and written English.
- Thailand Bar qualified lawyer with at least 8 years’ experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in English and Thai in a law firm or in-house setting.
- FMCG industry knowledge could be an advantage.