We are working with a global giant in the energy sector that is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join them in Singapore. The role will have a focus on Southeast Asia and be broad in nature. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years PQE some of which will be gained from a top law firm or reputable MNC and have experience working on deals across multiple jurisdictions. The role will be part of a small legal team and have managerial elements to it. Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia qualified candidates with corporate experience will be preferred.
- Provide legal assistance on all legal aspects regarding new investments, partnerships and commercial contracts in the Southeast Asian region
- Provide the legal support for internal approval process of projects (i.e. drafting legal memo, participating to project review meetings) and ensuring compliance of the projects with the relevant policies
- Corporate housekeeping
- Drafting and implementing policies
- Handle compliance matters
- Ensure adequate legal reporting and sharing of knowledge in corporation within the legal line
- Manage the external lawyers appointed for projects
- 8 –14 years of PQE.
- Top tier corporate law firms. In house experience is a strong plus
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Extraordinary attention to details and diligent. Independent, ability to challenge status quo and think outside of the box
- Qualified in either Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia
- Corporate cross border work experience