The Sustainability Specialist function will be a hybrid discipline between a business administration and technology expert, a person with the business acumen and engineering abilities to understand a complex organization and devise solutions and work as a liaison between commercial, marketing and technical teams.
This person should ideally have a broad understanding of seaborne transportation and shipping finance, and be able to scale-up existing services, commercialize new services or products and invent new revenue streams. They are expected to support management decisions by looking at quantitative data, navigating ambiguity and reducing the noise where needed. Experience with a top-tier consulting firm, involvement with M&A and projects due diligence would be a great advantage.
What will you do?
- Execute and drive sales strategies, meet or exceed sales and revenue targets;
- Execute the Demand and Account Management / Commercial Operations Core Process as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain key client relationships with a focus on maintaining current work and expanding new business opportunities and prospect for new clients;
- Maintains awareness of our client's overall service portfolio and promote services/products when appropriate;
- Work with organizational teams to develop capture strategies, proposals and pricing as appropriate;
- Work with technical staff and other internal teams as needed to meet customer needs;
- Provide strategic insights related to future business initiatives, market drivers, and competitor activities for inclusion in business planning;
- Attend industry events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
- Support the Product & Digital Solution Development, Survey & Certification, Engineering Delivery, and Rule Development Core Processes as needed to achieve organizational business outcomes;
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns within the area of responsibility that will lead to increased sales;
- Submit reports as needed and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM;
- Forecast sales targets and track activity on accounts to meet these targets
What do you need?
- Develop business insights through research and analysis;
- Understanding of the project life-cycle and critical project risks for different M&O technologies;
- Highly analytical and strategic, and able to deal with complex flux of information in energy transition;
- Ability to identify and provide regular updates and overviews on new leads and potential business opportunities;
- Proven track recorded in the development of high performing multidisciplinary teams;
- Track, interpret and analyze emerging legislation that will affect the industry and draw up transition plans;
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written), enabling effective communication at multiple levels;
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices, in full accordance with relevant corporate policies;
- Working knowledge of our client's Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Typically four or more years of experience in the assigned area of responsibility or market sector is required
- International experience, either as an expatriate or working with international projects and teams, is required
- Experience in business development or sales in a technical and diverse product environment is preferred
- Experience in shipping finance and chartering operations would be an asset
- Experience with Venture Capitals and entrepreneurship would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or in a technical engineering field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in any other discipline could be considered based on past experience.
- MBA or engineering postgraduate degree is preferred.