Formative Search is working on an exciting opportunity with a leading private equity fund that specializes in the infrastructure and renewable energy industry. They are currently looking for a Technical Director to join their team in Melbourne and oversee the development of their solar and wind projects across Australia.
The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years of technical experience in the renewable energy industry, ideally with utility-scale solar and onshore wind projects across Australia. If successful, the candidate will get to work alongside an experienced team of developers with an impressive track record in the industry.
Apply for this job
- Prepares the budget with Finance Director and General Manager
- Being accountable for the P&L of operating contracts
- Manages and controls cost of the entire operations department
- Monitors the day-to-day operation & maintenance of each operating contract
- Proposes and lead continuous improvement projects to increase operational performance
- Ensures active knowledge transfer and applying emerging trends to add value to existing and future projects
- Managing the technical and operations teams.
- Directs professional development of subordinates, identifying needs and supporting plans
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and safety programs
- At least 10 years of Engineering experience related to the Power & Energy industry
- Prior experience in building and developing a Renewable Energy portfolio
- Technical knowledge of BOOT and EEPC type contracts
- Financial and accounting knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy