Our client is one of the world’s most successful players on the Global Energy Market. Their business is focused on the production and trading of electricity, oil, green and natural gases. Currently, they are looking for a Technical Head to join their team in Asia-Pacific.
An important hiring objective in this role is to grow the company's leadership position in the I&C solar sector by improving technical operations, engineering design, and project delivery practices.
- Monitor and oversee all aspects of technical operations, including engineering, operations, and maintenance
- Establish processes and systems required to scale an organization for the construction, operation, and maintenance of a 1 GW portfolio in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Build and manage a multi-level team of local project delivery professionals
- Growing the technical organization while ensuring employees' engagement and career advancement within the organization
- Directly manage the hiring team
- Manage and communicate the progress of projects under execution in the hub to management and JV partners
- Consistently maintain high HSE standards and promote company values to teams, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Utilize procurement strategies to keep prices as competitive as possible
- Contribute to the technical aspects of customer acquisition in support of sales and business development initiatives
- Recruiting and retaining a highly capable team in markets with limited existing talent pool available with DG solar experience
- Deliver solar projects within approved parameters for schedule, budget, scope, and quality
- Experience in setting up and managing operations with a large number of people
- Bachelor degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree would be a plus
- A minimum of 5 years in a management or leadership position with more than 15 years of experience in engineering, project management, program management, or project delivery
- Experience in I&C solar projects would be an advantage
- A proven track record of managing local teams and working in the SEA region is a plus
- A strong background in negotiating EPC contracts; experience in regional procurement contracts is an advantage
Interested candidates please apply or reach out directly to Alecia at email@example.com with your latest CV.