Formative Search collaborated with a leading renewable energy developer in Pan Asia on hiring a civil engineer for their wind, solar and BESS projects in Taiwan.
- Prepare civil procurement specifications, drainage, foundation, etc designs and calculation for solar and wind power generation systems in Taiwan.
- Inspect surveys, geotechnical reports, stormwater management reports, topographic maps and other data submitted by subcontractors.
- Support the development and improvement of systems and processes in civil engineering design and costing to maximize efficiency.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that local practices, codes and standards are considered, and designs are prepared to suit local environmental (hydrological, wind, geotechnical, etc) conditions.
- Work with the team to develop detailed technical proposals and support project presentations at public meetings.
- Observe, monitor, and document field work while analyzing projects and mitigating technical risks.
- Assist with establishing operation and maintenance protocols, acquisitions of operating assets with technical reviews and support the Asset Management team.
- Support the timely delivery of optimized BOS and cost for projects.
- A degree in Civil Engineering with at least 5 years of work experience in energy, infrastructure or related projects.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Helios3D, PVCase, STAAD or similar design platforms for renewable projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to produce initial designs in a high-paced construction environment.
- Proficient in Mandarin and English, other Asian languages highly valued but not essential
- Able and willing to travel on occasion across Taiwan.
This is a great opportunity to work with a well-established renewable developer in Asia, and if you are keen to explore the role, please send your most updated CV to Lily@formativesearch.com.