We are working with a top UK law firm that is looking to bring on an associate into their corporate team in Jakarta. The team specializes in cross-border corporate transactions, including merger and acquisitions, private equity transactions, takeovers and joint ventures, and advises on a mix of corporate strategic transactions and financial sponsor deals across Southeast Asia. As a result of expansion and growth across the region the firm are looking for a driven associate to be a part of their Corporate team.
The ideal candidate will have international experience gained from working at a top law firm in the APAC region.
- Draft and review documentation, demonstrate familiarity with precedents and market standards;
- Providing efficient professional support to partners;
- Provide commercial and legal advice to the client;
- Supervise team and demonstrate control through effective control;
- Network with clients to capitalize on new business opportunities;
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong M&A experience
- Common law qualified, ideally UK or Australian called
- 3-5 years PQE (UK scale)
- Ability and desire to work within a growing, ambitious and entrepreneurial team
- Experience within a top tier firm
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise realistically
- Cooperative and collaborative in approach and able to develop excellent working relationships at all levels and within all roles