Formative Search has been engaged by one of the globes most active companies in the global Renewable Energy arena, to recruit an Operations Director based in India.
Our client is committed to bring on an experienced Operations professional to be based in Chennai, to oversee the extensive operations of their wind energy business across India, as they are set for promising and significant growth.
What are the Responsibilities of the Operations Director?
- Be responsible for the service sales of the India region and contract management of the operating sites.
- Manage the business and asset operations effectively and consistently.
- Develop the local teams to ensure portfolio enhancement and change management.
- Drive performance of the operational projects, timely and on budget.
- Ensure delivery of the construction projects and ensuring identified pipeline is advanced.
- Effectively lead the team and drive organisational change.
- Management of a team of technical experts providing engineering support throughout the wind farm life cycle.
- Development and implementation of suitable engineering and maintenance strategies.
- Development of strong relationships with manufacturers (both OEM and third parties).
- Development of business plans and annual performance targets relating to Asset Integrity across the portfolio.
- Support asset acquisition / investment through effective and timely due diligence.
What the right Operations Director looks like?
- The ideal candidate must have minimum of 15 years of experience in either the Power, Renewables, or Energy sector.
- Edcuated with at least a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, ideally a Masters and from a Mechanical background.
- Master’s in Engineering, or Finance, or an MBA or at least a Post Graduate Degree related to Asset Management.
- Experienced in production of energy, ideally with some emphasis in the wind industry.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proven leadership skills involving managing multi discipline international teams to deliver on-time and on-budget targets.
- Strong communication skills involving building up relationships with other team members, clients and subcontractors.
- High standard linguistic skills in English, and an effective communicator.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Dedicated to maintain high quality standards.
This is a truly unique opportunity as our client is epxeriencing some incredible success in the Asia Pacific region, and India is next in line to witness some great results. If you are ready for a career changing challenge, set in the backdrop of the world's most vibrant and dynamic industries right now, this is for you. When you are interested to know more about this role, please get in touch with me at email@example.com.