Formative Search is working with a leading renewable energy developer with a presence in Japan, Australia, Singapore and South Korea. They are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to handle grid connection and electrical systems their bioenergy projects in Japan. This position offers an outstanding chance for an enthusiastic individual to make a meaningful contribution to the company's expansion and progress their career in the renewable energy industry.
What you will be doing:
• Handle grid connection inquiries and complete formal applications with electricity utilities. • Engage in negotiations with electric utilities regarding technical aspects of grid connection. • Prepare electrical system sections within technical specifications for power plants, substations, and
transmission lines. • Review and verify electrical sections of technical proposals for power plants, substations, and transmission
lines. • Assess and review electrical design drawings and documents received from contractors (power plant,
substation, transmission line). • Supervise on-site electrical testing and review testing reports provided by contractors. • Evaluate electrical maintenance plans, inspection reports, and test reports, and oversee maintenance
inspections conducted by the O&M contractor.
What a great candidate would look like:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role involving high voltage transmission, substations, power plants, or process plants.
• Strong preference for previous experience with well-established engineering companies, engineering design firms, electric utilities, or heavy equipment manufacturers.
• Fluent in spoken and written Japanese at a native level. Proficiency in English is desirable but not strictly necessary.
• Strong motivation to work as part of a high-performing professional team in an international company. • Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with MS Project and CAD is
preferred, but training will be provided if required.
This would be a great opportunity for an engineering professional to gain experience in the renewable energy space and work towards NetZero. If this sounds interesting to you, please feel free to reach out to Lily@formativesearch.com for a confidential discussion.