Formative Search has secured a new search with a global leader in mining that is building an extensive portfolio of Renewable Energy projects to decarbonize its many assets. Our client is investing heavily to grow their presence amongst this landscape and will require energy storage to on-site to achieve this ambition.
They are looking for a Energy Storage Engineer to be based in Perth, and to work alongside the team in building out Renewables projects across the state. This role will mainly focus on developing commercial activities for the ESS segment in the Pacific region, in which Australia and New Zealand will be the key focus.
The Energy Storage Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Review of design documentation for compliance with standards and codes of practice.
- Management of quality assurance for assigned scope of work.
- Conducting meetings with vendors and subcontractors.
- Recording design decisions and rationale.
- Liaising with consultants and designers to ensure deliverables meet project requirements.
- Reporting on manufacturing, construction and commissioning progress.
- Reviewing or managing the review of interfaces between equipment from different vendors
- Provide technical guidance to the vendor’s commissioning team on the commissioning requirements for connecting equipment to the end user’s network.
- Manage the interchange of data between modelling consultants and the system vendors.
- Collation and indexing of technical reports and master data reports from vendors and consultants.
- Coordinate FAT and SAT with vendor and related internal stakeholders and consultants.
- Coordinate handover of commissioned BESS systems with utilities.
- Coordinate operational readiness activities associated with BESS integration.
A strong candidate will need to have these requirements:
- Relevant tertiary education in engineering, ideally with an electrical or control system speciality.
- Ability to proactively communicate with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management skills to set realistic plans, managing change, and forecasting / reporting most-likely outcomes.
- Ability to find new ways to innovate to improve results, and sustain a positive working environment for all.
- Project engineering, in particular safety in design.
- Construction or commissioning experience.
- Understanding product group needs to make appropriate engineering decisions.
- Power generation or transmission systems and experience with BESS design.
Our client has the advantage of being one of the globes most known companies in the mining and metals industry, which ensures the growth and development of the projects and the company. Having offices based around the world, it offers a wide range of training and individual development program and also will give the upper-hand to the employees to be exposed internationally. If this is of interest, you can contact Darren Loh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job