Our client is one of the leading companies in the Energy Management sector across the US market. With grand passion for providing great supply of clean and reliable energy around the world, their team is currently looking for an Energy Storage Engineer in the APAC region.
Responsibilities of the Energy Storage Engineer:
- Evaluating various ESS technologies, integrators, suppliers, and assuring selection of ESS equipment while developing strong relationships with key suppliers of ESS equipment (including battery manufacturers, inverter manufacturers, integrators and construction companies)
- Optimize project configuration and solution by working with key suppliers and their product lines and road maps
- Perform gap analysis and evaluate technical risk in different system designs, configurations and develop risk mitigation approach and suggestions.
- Develop project specific technical specifications and costing estimates
- Provide technical support to procurement team during the RFP process and contract negotiation that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Assist in contract negotiation and lead technical agreement of project solutions including terms & conditions and performance guarantees
- Participate in site and factory acceptance tests and provide technical support during the BESS constructions phase, as necessary
- Work to develop services and asset management requirements for company’s project portfolio
- Assist in commercial risk evaluation which includes cost sensitives from geopolitical, regulatory and evolving supply chain issues
- Good understanding of Power Electronics, Balance of plant system and their application to BESS
- Deep knowledge of battery technologies and trends, as well as control systems and utility scale power plants
- Experience with power plant design, construction and operation
- Previous experience in wind and solar energy would be a plus.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with significant experience in design and technology evaluation, and engineering academic background (Btech/MTech). Therefore, if you have hands-on experience in sourcing and contract negotiation, are technically and commercially savvy with energy storage market, don't miss this great opportunity and reach out to Alecia at email@example.com with your latest CV to apply.