Formative Search has begun working closely with the leading energy producers in Asia, who have recently invested billions to become a truly diversified energy giant across multiple technologies. Making the move to cleaner energy, they have set up a new renewables division internationally, and now committed to hiring a Global Head of Offshore Wind. Reporting to the Head of Business Unit, the candidate will be leading our client’s Offshore Wind build out across the globe.
What are the main responsibilities for a Global Head of Offshore Wind?
- Being responsible for commercial, quality & program, budget development & management, opportunity & issue management and contract management.
- Risk management, identification of threats and opportunities and development of contingency plans.
- Project management & planning through all life-cycle, from engineering to construction (and installation), financial close-out until the project closing phase to hand over to the operations department.
- Elaboration and implementation of sourcing strategies for the overall procurement (design & construction).
- Managing of internal supply chain, external suppliers & sub-contractors.
- International stakeholder’s management, internal and external, from team members to local authorities.
- Ensuring that all projects are in compliance with design specifications, are completed on schedule, adheres to budget, meets accounting requirements.
What will a successful Head of Global offshore Wind look like?
- Bachelor degree in Civil/ Maritime Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Project Management & Construction Engineering and master’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in offshore & onshore wind or renewable energy, including 5 years’ experience in management level i.e. EPC director/ project director/ project manager.
- Experience in wind technology development, renewable energy or power generation development and foundation structures.
- Knowledge of turbine technology would be an advantage.
- Experience in large scale construction projects in the sector of renewable energy, global environment with relocation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance agreement.
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools, and strong contractual knowledge.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
If this is for you, please get in touch with Adam Carabetta at email@example.com and share a brief value proposition on why you're a great fit for this top opportunity!
Apply for this job