Formative Search has partnered with a world market leader in Energy, and in Indonesia, they have begun to immerse themselves in the renewable energy space. With a vision to broaden their Gas and Renewables business, the company is looking to hire several key people to join their fast-growing team based in APAC. This opportunity is at a time when our client is enjoying incredible success and growth across the region.
The main focus of this role is to be responsible to lead a team of developers in charge of the identification, analysis, development and approval of renewable energy and gas projects in Indonesia until closing and handover to the execution/operation team.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Identify renewable and gas project leads for investment in Indonesia (from origination of green field projects to M&A opportunities)
- Manage the overall project development from initiation to financial close in a competitive environment.
- Manage the internal Business Development Oversight (BDO) process and be the lead responsible in seeking approval to internal committees (Indonesia, APAC, Corporate).
- Lead multidisciplinary teams (BD, Finance, Technical, Legal, Corp) to select the best technical configuration and contractor; negotiating the EPC contract.
- Prepare, monitor, analyse, approve, and be the end responsible for projects’ budgets and expenses.
- Either lead or support team members negotiations with all important stakeholders: client, partners, contractors, communities.
- Interface with government bodies and other industry leaders to influence and shape the regulation/policy making.
- Influence external partners / stakeholders relevant to our business
- University education: Engineering or Applied Economics; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, of which minimum of 5 years of relevant business development and project development experience, preferably in emerging markets (Latin and Central America, Africa, Mescat, Asia, Eastern Europe)
- Proven Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of the relevant business
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation skills and leadership skill.
- Strong strategic & project management capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and budgets running in parallel
- All experience related specifically to developing renewable or gas-related investment projects is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the local and Asia-Pacific renewable energy and gas market
- Understand the digital evolution and connect it to the energy world