Formative Search is working closely with a renowned renewable energy developer with a strong global presence and solid track record. Our client has solar power projects globally and solar power plants that are in commercial operation, with a resale value of US$1.2 billion. They possess a geographically diversified utility-scale solar power project pipeline of 10 GWp, with projects being developed in the U.S., Japan, Latin America, Australia, EMEA, South East Asia, India and China.
They are currently in need of a Senior Business Development Director based in Korea to lead all BD and negotiation efforts with demonstrated work experience in project development and a strong aptitude for PPA negotiation.
What you'll do
- Lead the origination of solar projects for our client in Korea
- Contribute to the definition the strategy in Korea and leads most of its execution
- Remain fully informed on key market developments in order to quickly identify business
- Develop new business opportunities through existing relationships and networking and maintain relationships with key clients and prospective clients
- Build and maintain relationships within the utility, central and local government and partners involved allowing the Company to increase the projects portfolio
- Present the company and its capabilities to prospective clients, including options for project financing
- Monitor project development status and lead all necessary steps in the process (both internal and external) within the required timeframe and preserving or improving the expected IRR
- Manage all project development areas: land rights; permits, licenses and authorizations connection rights
- Negotiate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with private and public off-takers.
- Ensure compliance to internal procedures and policies and external regulation and standards
What you'll need:
- Self-driven, highly pro-active, can work with little/no supervision
- Impeccable personal integrity and highest ethical and compliance standards
- Driven by a ‘can do’ attitude
- Distils positive energy, shows empathy, exhibits an understanding attitude
- Strong Sales attitude
- 5-10 years experience in Solar project development in Korea
- Superior network of contacts and relationships in the Korean Solar sector
- Strong track record of solar projects in Korea reaching operation stage
- Excellence of communication skill with landlords, local city councils, utilities, proper authorities
- Knowledgeable on the various options for funding solar assets in Korea
- Available to travel nationwide frequently
- Higher level of fluency in Korean and English
- Strong passions and responsibility for the projects’ success
- Decision making/judgment skills to assess the commercial and regulatory viability of projects
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the pioneering team in Korea for a global player with an international presence. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short summary of your relevant experience and I'll be in touch shortly if your profile is a potential fit for the role.