Job descriptionFormative Search has partnered up with a leading renewable energy developer who builds and operates mainly in solar energy. They are committed to transforming the future of sustainable power by providing solutions, innovation and alternatives to conventional energy sources. As we continue to expand their operations, they are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Business Development to lead their growth initiatives in Perth, Australia.
What you will be doing?:
- Participate in the design of the development strategy
- Conduct thorough market analysis to identify business opportunities, industry trends, and competitive landscapes by evaluating them to determine if they should be pursued.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business development strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Identify and pursue strategic partnerships and alliances to enhance business development opportunities.
- Lead due diligence to assess development status and technical/ financial viability
- Be in charge of the negotiation of the transactions
- Build simple and detailed financial models for negotiation and investment decisions
- Prepare investment reports and presentation materials to support decision-making by the management team
- Supervise/coordinate co-development of projects with relevant specialists
- Stay informed about regulatory changes within the energy sector in Australia.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, and assess potential risks to the business.
- Frequent travel required
- Relevant Degree (Finance or Engineering) qualified with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in a related field.
- Proven experience in a senior business development role within the renewable energy or related industry.
- Transactional experience in the energy/renewable space is essential
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative, take commercial decisions, lead processes
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Contracts negotiations experience
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy plants
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of successfully leading and developing high-performance teams.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
This would be a great opportunity for professionals who have a passion for energy and to join a dynamic environment. If interested, please feel free to drop your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.