Job descriptionFormative Search has been mandated on a search for a Head of Corporate Development in Singapore, for a newly set up renewable energy platform that is backed by one of the largest funds in the world. They will be spending a considerable amount over the 2020s to become of the largest renewable power players across the globe.
What the Head of Corporate Development needs to achieve:
- Develop and lead corporate & business development activities and growth strategies relating to new project origination, M&A opportunities, JV partnerships, and similar.
- Create, attract, develop, retain and maintain a network of relationships with corporates and utility buyers across Asia and cooperate with other partners in the region.
- Originate, structure, negotiate and execute PPAs with corporates, RE100 companies, utility companies, traders, aggregators, local communities, smart cities and/or industrial customers.
- Assess the counterparties financial credibility in-depth but also offtake capabilities, demand, preferred structures, prices and required internal approval process and long-term goals.
- Work closely with different functions and teams in the platform such as business, finance, engineering and operations as well as external parties, banks and investor.
- Provide updates to the business on energy & carbon markets, regional trends, potential regulatory changes and new business opportunities for the key management team.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of revenue structuring for projects in the development pipeline relating to C&I and utility solar, onshore and offshore wind, energy storage, and other emerging technologies such as green hydrogen, EV infrastructure, or others.
What will a successful Head of Corporate Development look like?
- 15 or more years of experience in the Energy Infrastructure markets, with enough recent exposure in the renewable energy sector.
- Bachelor’s and ideally a masters degree in finance, business, engineering or related.
- Has a demonstrable successful track record of renewable power deals with energy players and corporate off-takers in Asia and elsewhere.
- Strong background in renewable energy transactions and origination, energy innovation projects and infrastructure development.
- Expert command over Excel and project finance modeling, with a strong understanding of the commercial and corporate aspects required to run a portfolio of energy infrastructure assets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and multi-task in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, whilst remaining self driven and motivated.
Our client is truly set to be one of the leaders in Asia Renewable Energy, and this role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of it all. Our client will offer a salary reflective of the candidates’ value and role, but the cream will be in a long term incentive bonus upon reaching the desired targets of the role. If you believe this is a career opportunity for you, please get in touch with me or my colleague Lily at firstname.lastname@example.org.