Formative Search has continued to work closely with one of the world’s most successful Oil majors, who are now transitioning to New Energies across the globe. Our client has engaged us on an exclusive search for a Head of New Energies to build up their Papua New Guinea, based from Port Moresby. The Renewable Energy portfolio will be made up of assets in Solar, Wind, Energy Storage, and emerging new technologies.
What are the main responsibilities for the Head of New Energies?
- Identify projects to be developed or developers with a portfolio of renewable projects, with a view to an acquisition or a partnership.
- Prospect, assess, negotiate the development of large renewable projects (all the technologies in which our client is active are considered: solar photovoltaic, onshore wind, battery storage)
- Built relationship and engage in discussions with external stakeholders (public entities, developers or JV partners, advisors, EPC and O&M contractors, equipment suppliers (OEMs), consultants, utilities, etc.) and investors.
- Identify opportunities and confirm the possibility of developing them or at least identifying the blocking points that need to be addressed.
- Understand the conditions for renewables projects awarding.
- Identify potential off-takers and understand the positioning of the different actors.
- Define and implement necessary advocacy to allow the development of projects.
- Develop and structure a pipeline of projects: make key contributions and coordinate the origination of a pipeline for renewable projects development.
- Manage in calls for tenders, in complex and competitive environments, over the counter or through the acquisition of portfolios.
What does a successful Head of New Energies look like?
- Be educated with at least a Bachelors, ideally a Master’s degree in Business or Engineering.
- Have a minimum 8-15 years of professional experience in Energy, Power, and Renewables.
- Possess a deep understanding of renewable projects development, and have a good knowledge of the local Renewables business in the Asian region.
- Be an expert in project / program management with a focus among Technical, Economics, Project Finance, International negotiation.
- Show strong interpersonal skills as they will be necessary to engage local stakeholders, and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with cross-functional teams.
- Be equipped with a flexible and analytical mind, strength of conviction, autonomy and perseverance, and good negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities that will help to deliver and execute development.
Our client is truly set to be one of the world's leading Energy firms who have successfully set a vision for the future. This role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of cleaner energy in Asia whilst in front of an amazing brand. Our client will offer an attractive expat type package, but there will also be an attractive annual bonus upon reaching the target set out. Aside from this, the role has enormous growth potential in the global group of our client.